Monday, April 30, 2007

Draft weekend is over and all I can say is WOW!!!!

Well, after watching the draft this weekend (sitting in complete shock when Quinn fell all the way down to #22) I had a realization. Since Angelo has taken over the job as GM he has done nothing but good things when it comes to the draft. He has drafted such first round players as Tommie Harris, Cedric Benson, Rex Grossman, and Michael Haynes. Only the first two are worthy of praise, but that is not where he gets my kudos. If you look at the trades during draft day, and the late round gems he has drafted (Lance Briggs, Todd Johnson, Bernard Berrian, Nathan Vasher, Chris Harris, Dusty Dvoracek, Mark Anderson) he is a second day draft genius. That is really where we get all of our talent at. If you look at this years draft our first round pick couldn't have gone any better. Finally a TE with some speed and catching ability to open up the field for Grossman. I know, I know, "We have Clark." Desmond Clark sucks. Then I patiently waited for the later rounds. With every pick I couldn't be any happier. All of our draft picks were good. All of them. Then when I read today that we picked up undrafted free agents such as Chris Leak, Dave Ball (shattered Jerry Rice's record for TD receptions), Chris Frome, and Drisan James I was gity. We are going to have so much depth this year, nothing should get in our way. I say should because who know who is going to get injured. Jerry Angelo is a draft genius and I hope he never leaves. I can't wait for training day.

No comments: